Sunday, January 06, 2008

Catching Up

Hola, amigos. I know it's been a long time since I rapped at ya, but I've had my hands full the past few weeks. The quick recap:

Shit! It's Christmas! Frantic list-making, shopping, traffic jams, crowds, hair-pulling, elbow-throwing, present-buying, Munch-style screaming, wrapping. Panic, stress, chaos.

Yay! It's Christmas! Nice visits with girlfriend's parents and my parents. Cool gifts from the folks and girlfriend, crap from my brothers, the bastards.

Happy New Ye -- (cough, cough). New Year's Eve sucked. My brother went to Chicago. My friends in town went to Arbor and got free beer. I got sick and spent the night laid out on the couch blowing snot, shivering, and coughing.

Look! Michigan won the Capital Citrus Cygnus X-1 Bowl! Everyone (including me) thought Lloyd Carr's last game would be an ugly beating at the hands of the Florida Gators and half-Superman/half-Incredible Hulk Heisman winner Tim Tebow, Heisman-winning winner of the Heisman, who won the Heisman. Instead, despite four turnovers -- including two fumbles at Florida's f'ing 1-yard line -- Michigan held on to win a New Year's Day classic 41-35. I watched it on the couch, blowing snot, shivering, and coughing, but I felt better somehow by the end of the game.

Freelancin' fool. To help pay off the Christmas splurge (and my new laptop, which Dell discontinued a couple weeks after I bought it) I've been taking on some freelance work, when not blowing snot, shivering, and coughing.

That's about it. Still have the damn cold, but it's much improved from just a couple days ago. I hope to recommence regular blogging duties, among other things. Happy 2008!