Sunday, April 29, 2007

First Outdoor Post of 2007

Yep, I'm coming to you live (or whenever you read this) from my deck, sitting here in shorts and a t-shirt and drinking a lemonade. Don't worry, the lemonade will turn into beer later, when I work up the motivation to go get some more.

I know posting's been light lately. It's just that I haven't really felt like I've had anything to say. The other night I got into an impromptu and rather heated argument about "gun control" (or, the more accurate term I prefer, "victim disarmament") and considered writing a post about that.

But I have nothing new to add to that tired old topic. Advocates of more firearms regulation (and there's already plenty of it) continue to make emotional arguments that are impervious to any facts or reason. It generally boils down to "I don't like guns." Well, I don't much care for them either, but like them or not, they exist and there's no reason to keep them in the sole province of criminals and agents of the state (and there's often a lot of overlap in those two categories).

See, nothing new. On another subject, I tried adding a string of hula girl lights to my deck. Only problem is there's no electrical outlet out here. So I took the bulb out of the floodlight, inserted a giant bulb to normal bulb adapter then a normal bulb to electrical outlet adapter and plugged the hula girls in. This seemed to work brilliantly. But when I left and came back a few hours later, the hula girls had gone out. And they don't work in any outlet now. So I assume there's just too much current (ungrounded) coming through this arrangement to safely plug anything I care about into it. Is this just a good way to potentially burn my house down?

Well, that's all I got for now. Time to get some beer.