Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Boils and Goils

Monday morning I woke up with this huge boil on my neck. It was red, sore, pulsating, and threatening to murder my cats. And it's all due to this stupid ingrown hair that I tried unsucessfully to pluck for about two weeks. I've had ingrown hairs before, but this is my very first boil. Needless to say, it sucks.

The experts (read: "Google search") say the best thing is to put a hot compress on it, and maybe some trusty antibiotic ointment. So after a few days of doing that, it's still red, sore, and pulsating, but it's lightened up considerably about the cats.

In totally unrelated news, I've set a new record on the dating sites. That's right: an email written, sent, read, and ignored all in the space of about 20 minutes. Why bother with all the suspense of waiting, anyway?

Stupid Beer News: Frank Booth isn't the only one who hates warm beer. I probably shouldn't be trying to date anyway; it could lead to marriage... and death.