Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Cruise

Hola, amigos. What's up? I know it's been a long time since I rapped at ya, but it's summer and I haven't been home a whole lot lately.

Hey, baby!My birthday last Friday was a lot of fun, even if Mel 2 wasn't able to join the festivities, damn her. I took the day off work, got an eye exam and a haircut, bought some new duds, and washed my truck. Then Grr, DJ Freeball, Mari, Lisa (this post's for you), Dannyboy, and Matt came over and we drank beers on the deck, before going to Grizzly Peak, where we met Adam, Sierra, and Dr. Nick, and enjoyed my free birthday dessert, pint glass, and $10 gift certificate. Then we came back to the deck and proceeded to, uh, get decked.

Saturday was the official grand opening party at the Corner Brewery… but I'll let Grr tell that story. And Sunday, of course, was Father’s Day so I went to my bro's house and had dinner with the folks.

Work's been really busy this week. Buncha people laid off at the home office, but so far my indispensability is still recognized among the Powers That Be. Other than that, been taking care of a co-worker's three cats while she's out of town all week and trying to stay on top of domestic chores. My own cats are slobs and I'm constantly cleaning up after them.

Thursday night I saw Mel 2 again, and it turned into as big of a drunkfest as it was the first time. It's not intentional; it just happens she is really fun to talk to and we do most of our talking at bars. I assume she feels the same since she didn't go home until around 4 in the morning. Turns out she is a big Bukowski fan, to boot. She keeps surprising me, and I have to admit to liking her quite a lot. Super cute, well read, and a bit of a smartass attitude is the jackpot combination in the world of Dave. I just need to figure out how to make a move so I don't end up becoming nothing more than her pal. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but, you know… did I mention she's super cute?

Friday I was late for work. Very late. Fortunately, I don't think anyone really noticed. Today I'm going to German Park, and tomorrow is the Bahaus/Nine Inch Nails concert at Pine Knob. So I won't get a damn thing done this weekend either. I suck.

Anyway, here's a bunch of pictures from a lot of this stuff. Enjoy.