Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Resolved: That I'm Going to Write More

Another key resolution was that I was going to focus more on writing this year -- specifically, that I was going to finish my novel as well as churn out a new story every month. So, you theoretically ask, how is that coming?

Glad you theoretically asked. Well, "The Lost Art of Window Shopping" did, in fact, lose another contest. But it also made it to the top 20 finalists, and that's been enough to encourage me.

I'm behind schedule now, of course, having no new story for January. But I'm halfway through another one and, depending on how quickly I write, I could play catch up in February and have two drafts of new stories. Also, I'm starting an online writers group to keep me honest.

Making lists, assigning arbitrary deadlines, and finding other people to give you shit: This is surely the way to handle those damn resolutions.