Tuesday, May 19, 2009

This Is the End

This... is... the... eeeennnnddddDear Devoted Reader of Suds & Soliloquies,

I apologize. This note should have been written earlier. You deserved better. But, on the other hand, if you are a reader of this site, you've had plenty of reason to expect you would be treated shabbily, right?

Anyway, this post is simply to inform you that S&S is no more. Toast. Dead. Kaput.

In other words, I will no longer be updating this blog, in case the fact that I haven't posted anything in nearly two months did not tip you off.

It's been a great run. Six years, almost to the day (of the last post), I kept this stupid blog. And in case that doesn't sound like a long time, let me refresh your memory as to how long it is in blog years:

  • When I started, Blogger was not yet owned by Google.

  • You could not host images on your blog.

  • I still lived in Midland, Michigan, the little toenail of the universe (it's not interesting enough to be an armpit).

  • I was likely 20 lbs. lighter.

  • The shameful, evil, endless Iraq war was still a gleam in the collective eye of Dick Cheney, Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, Douglas Feith, Elliot Abrams, Donald Rumseld, Bill Kristol, David Wurmser, and George W. Bush, among other dishonorables.

  • Bob Hope, Katharine Hepburn, Art Carney, Gregory Peck, Hume Cronyn, Buddy Ebsen, and Johnny Cash were all still alive.

  • CSS was still only Satan's nightmare, meaning normal, non-nerdy people could modify their blogs without an advanced degree in computer dorkery.
You get the idea.

Anyway, wipe that tear off your grubby face. There's good news: I've started a new site at www.davidbardallis.com. Yes, it's a hybrid business site/blog designed to make me look smart and respectable, and I can't promise the level of angst and sarcasm you've grown accustomed to here.

But it's still me. I did it. I'm doing it. I'm writing on it. I'm still an anarchist and I still love beer. And, inevitably, it's the Wave of the Future™®©.

So: Update your browsers and feed readers and tricorders and whatever. And be sure to let all of your friends in need of a freelance writer and editor know I'm open for business.

And much gratitude to my (very) small but dedicated group of friends and readers over the years. This blog may have started as a purely selfish endeavor to keep me from going insane, but...

Well, no buts. It succeeded brilliantly, thanks to you.