Saturday, March 24, 2007

Suds & Soliloquies Turns 4

It's been four years since I started this blog, and maybe no one is more surprised than me to see that it's persisted in spite of the advanced state of its author's ADD. So happy birthday, blog.

In honor of S&S's 4th blogday, I've finally upgraded it all the way to the "new" Blogger. I encountered a few snags, but largely you shouldn't notice much of anything different. There are some l33t web 2.0 things now, like the trackback and de.licio.us links. Also, long on my wish list, are a recent comments feature (imperfect now but hopefully improved by Haloscan soon) and a list of categories aka tags aka labels aka things that a cowboy guy might talk to you about at the bar. (There's, like, four years of posts to categorize, so this list will probably not be complete for a long time, if ever.)

One strange thing I noticed is that posts using blockquotes got their formatting messed up after the blockquote. I don't know why that would happen, or even if it's just some kind of bizarre IE 6 thing, but it still needs fixin' and I don't know how. So if anyone out there knows anything about CSS or XML or whatever the hell language the new template is, maybe you can help keep S&S full of aesthetically pleasing blockquotes.

Now it's time to go eat some cake.