Monday, July 10, 2006

Vacation, Have to Get Away

Yeah, I think it's technically "had to get away," but whatever, the Go-Gos suck.

Anyway, work's been kicking my ass for the past few weeks and I need some damn time off. A bit of serendipity may allow me to meet up with this guy while I'm in New Orleans. A columnist for the Times-Picayune who also wrote the book on barbecue? I'm thinking he's probably someone I want to know.

On Saturday, Verd asked if I was going to blog while I was down there. I don't know if I'll have the chance since -- I'll be honest -- it sounds like my schedule is essentially a nonstop party. But I think I will take my laptop just in case. I'll certainly have my digital camera with me. So if nothing else maybe I can throw up some pictures of random drunken louts on Flickr.