Thursday, July 20, 2006

Playing the Post-Vacation Catch-Up Game

Well, I managed to finally make it back from New Orleans late Monday night... and proceeded straight to the bar before going home. The cats were quite obviously overjoyed to see me when I stumbled in around 1:30.

It's going to continue being busy around S&S headquarters. I have a massive freelance project to work on through the end of the month, and I'm already behind. In fact, I just had to turn down another good freelance opportunity due to lack of time.

This week is the anticipated/dreaded Art Fair here in Ann Arbor, and of course this weekend is the Summer Beer Festival, which I'm volunteering at Friday night (pouring for The Livery, stop by and say hi) and attending as a regular drunkard on Saturday.

All of this is to say it will probably take me a little while longer to write more about my trip and post pics from it.

In the meantime, here are some stupid links:

  • A "music" video of David Hasselhoff somehow sucking even more than he did in the "Hooked on a Feeling" video. Simply... amazing. (Thanks DataWhat.)

  • I nearly pissed my pants laughing at this re-dub of Star Wars, where Darth Vader's voice has been replaced with James Earl Jones talking in other movies including Field of Dreams and what sounds like some funky blaxploitation flick. "Yo mama is going on a date!" (Thanks Steve.)

  • This might be the only time you'll ever see me write the words "too bad I'm not in Los Angeles." It's Tiki Luau Night at LA's Egyptian Theatre! I guess I'll have to content myself with wearing tiki attire at the beer festival this weekend. (Via Boing Boing.)