Friday, December 17, 2004

It's a Psychobilly Freakout

The Reverend predictably rocked the house last night. I was first in line at the door, and some dude who was also attending by himself was second. When we got inside, I proposed to him that we hang out together so that if one of us needed to get a beer or go to the john we wouldn't lose our primo spot near the stage. It worked out well; this dude -- his name was Andy -- and I put away two pitchers and several bottles of beerge while rocking out to the full-custom gospel sounds.

Of course the Rev has many songs I've never heard, and he played a fair number of them. And while they didn't do my favorite, "Liquor, Beer, and Wine," there were many quality psychobilly hits, including:

  • I Can't Surf
  • Wiggle Stick
  • Loco Gringos Like a Party
  • Psychobilly Freakout
  • Spend a Night in the Box
  • It's Martini Time
As much as the Rev rocked, the highlight of my evening was when some chick, trying to get past me, reached down and grabbed my wangdoodle. I don't know if it was accidental or intentional, but either way, it was pretty weird.