Saturday, December 04, 2004

I "Won"

Well, I wound up with 50,027 words in the crapfest otherwise known as my novel, technically making me a "winner" of NaNoWriMo 2004. (See, my little bunny icon on the right is now holding up a book.) Although this winner status comes with at least two asterisks. The first is that I recycled several thousand words from a previous attempt at getting the book written. But I did write around 43,000 new words, and that's still pretty impressive. The other asterisk is that I didn't finish the story. I don't know how much more I'll need to write to reach "The End," but I'll just guesstimate at least another 20,000 words. I'm a few chapters behind in the old novel blog, but I'll try to get that up to date this weekend (I know everyone's clamoring for more) and keep posting on it as I write new crap (now at a slower pace). Which also means I can update this great blog again, too! Whee!