Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Demon Rum

So I'm at home innocently reading my copy of Modern Drunkard on the cheap, painted, squirrel-gnawed plywood of the balcony, when I notice that one of the panels of the "Uppity Drunk" comic strip contains a very familiar image. It's one of the hysterical, over-the-top posters my company designed for a hysterical, over-the-top, lying neo-Prohibitionist client pretending to be for "sensible" alcohol regulation. (It's for the kids, you know.)

Anyway, I bemusedly showed the "Uppity Drunk" comic, which rightly mocks neo-Prohibitionists, around the office, and now the Uberboss wants to send a copy of it to the broad who runs the aforementioned hysterical, over-the-top, lying neo-Prohibitionist outfit (who by the way seems to enjoy getting drunk herself, from what I've seen). Well, I hope the hysterical, over-the-top, lying neo-Prohibitionists don't sue Modern Drunkard for using their copyrighted propaganda. I like this magazine, dammit.