Sunday, May 18, 2003

Movie Watch

I've had the last three days off, so of course I got nothing productive done. But I did watch some movies, so I thought I'd share my infallible opinion about what I've seen.

First, The Bourne Identity. Pretty good mindless entertainment; it was actually much better than I expected (I expected it to suck ass). Matt Damon as action hero wasn't as unbelievable as I thought either. At least he wasn't friggin' Keanu Reeves or Mark Wahlberg, speaking of sucking ass.

Then, Darkness Falls. Total crap. It's about a killer tooth fairy. Need I say more?

Next up were Waiting for Guffman and Best in Show. Two more Christopher Guest "mockumentaries," both pretty funny if this is your sort of thing. I have a feeling, however, that Guest will never again equal the genius of This Is Spinal Tap.

Now I'm debating staying up to watch The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues, a DVD I plunked down four good dollars for at Meijer the other day. The box promises that a "Hideous atomic mutant strikes from the depths!" ATOMIC mutant? Them's the best kind!